July 1, 2022
Dear Pope Prep Community,
Hello, Pope families and new Knights! We hope everyone is enjoying their summer break!
Today is the second of two "Summer To Do List" emails to help prepare you for the start of school in August. Please read through the following list carefully and complete the noted required tasks and others that apply to you.
Veracross Parent Portal: All new families still only have access to the admissions portal within Veracross. We are working hard to get accounts updated and will let you know as soon as we have them ready. You will receive a Veracross setup email and be able to use this login information to access the parent portal. In the meantime, please continue to gather the necessary information to upload to Magnus once you are active in the system. If you are participating in an athletics program prior to getting access, paper forms should be submitted to the school nurse, Susan Snyder (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Back to School Information Day (optional): To ensure you are ready for the start of school, please plan to come to our Back to School Information Day on Friday, July 22, from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. We will have information tables from all areas of the school, including the nurse, Pedestal Dining Services, Student Life, and parent organizations. Please note that this day is not mandatory, and all information is available on our website for those unable to attend.
Parent Volunteer Opportunities: We rely on our parent volunteers to help accomplish so many activities at Pope Prep. We encourage all parents to select at least one area (more if you are able) to help support us this year. You can sign up for a committee by completing this form on the website.
Armory Update: The Armory store has been closed for our physical inventory count but will reopen on July 5. Our new stock of uniform polos has been delivered and can be purchased online or at the Back to School Information Day event. Middle school PE shirts are still on backorder and should arrive before school starts (except for youth sizes which might arrive during the first couple of weeks of school). Students will be given a grace period if they are unable to purchase PE shirts due to this delay.
Student Orientation (required): High School Student Orientation (new 9th graders and transfers only) will be Monday, August 1, from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Middle School Student Orientation (new 6th, 7th, and 8th graders) will be Tuesday, August 2, from 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Students will be in full uniform. Students will rotate through classes to meet teachers, participate in a House sorting ceremony, and receive school IDs, lanyards, and iPads. Our goal is to familiarize new students with the building, introduce them to the daily routine, and get comfortable with the school day flow to ensure a smooth start. Returning 9th graders are welcome to join their new classmates from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m. for the House sorting and an ice cream social.
Student IDs and Lanyards: All new students will receive their Student IDs and lanyards at Orientation (August 1 and 2). If you haven't had your ID photo taken, please plan to attend the Back to School Information Day on July 22. If you cannot attend, please contact Melissa Baxter (email@example.com) to schedule a time to take your ID photo. Returning students should have their ID and lanyards from last year.
Senior Portraits: Seniors in the class of 2023 will be taking their formal senior and cap/gown portraits with our official school photographer Mark Griffith on July 25, 26, or 27. Portraits will be taken in the Pope Prep auditorium, and the session should take around 20 minutes. Please make an appointment here: SENIOR PORTRAIT APPOINTMENTS. We also need parent volunteers to help with the event. If you are able, please sign up ASAP on the volunteer link (select Student Life).
- Seniors should plan to bring a parent, guardian, or friend to help them with the outfit change during the photo shoot.
- All clothing is provided by the photographer, including black drapes for ladies, tuxedos for gentlemen, and the cap/gown for all students.
- Students should be dress-code compliant for these official school portraits, adhering to grooming standards outlined in the student handbook, including hair color, length, and facial hair. See the complete dress code policy here.
- Students who are unable to attend these July portrait dates will take their senior portraits during school portrait days for underclassmen in early August (date to be determined later). We will pull a list of seniors who did not attend the July dates and communicate with them directly; no appointment is necessary in this case.
Upcoming Parent Events
New Parents Social: All new Pope Prep parents are invited to drop by for a meet and greet at 12 Stones Golf Club in The Sand Trap Restaurant (1201 W 12 Stones Crossing, Goodlettsville, TN 37072) on Thursday, July 21, from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. This is not a required event, but if your schedule permits, we'd love to welcome you to the Pope Prep community. Please RSVP here.
Song Writer's Night: A Knight of Song Under the Stars ~ presented by the Pope Prep Fine Arts Booster (FAB), is slated for the evening of August 6, 2022, from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Event details and ticket information are available here. This is a 21+ event and will be held on campus in the courtyard. Food trucks will be available for savory and sweet bites, and beer and wine will also be made available for purchase. So grab your friends, bring your lawn chairs, find your spot, then sit back, relax, and enjoy a night of singer/songwriters sharing their best works and favorite tunes (Billy Dawson, Kim McLean, Hunter Rae, and Keesy Timmer).
Previously Communicated on June 1, 2022
- Magnus Health Account (required) Pope requires all students (regardless of athletic participation) to complete all necessary medical forms and questions every year. Please complete the Magnus Health Account process HERE.
- Uniform Polos can be purchased online at the Armory Store, or you can order uniforms online at millswear.com.
- Summer Assignments & Supplies (required for some) There are summer assignments for select classes in English and Math. Please visit HERE to review the list of assignments and required calculators for all students in grades 6-12. If no assignments are listed for your class, no assignments are required.
- Athletic Tryouts and coaches' email addresses can be viewed HERE.
- Bus Service All routes will remain the same. You can access the routes HERE. Please contact Vicki Dorr (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you want to sign up for bus service.
- Dining Services (optional) Pope Prep partners with Pedestal Foods to provide made-to-order food for breakfast, lunch, and after-school snacks. Parents can purchase a full-year or semester Meal Plan by completing a Student Meal Plan form due August 19.
Watch your email for the weekly Knight Notes message starting on July 20, 2022.
Pope Prep Communications Team